Friday, February 08, 2008
- Name: John L. Trapp
- Location: Buchanan, Michigan, United States
My fascination with birds dates to earliest childhood. Entries in my high school senior yearbook profess my interest in ornithology. Birds and their conservation were the focus of a 33-year career as a professional wildlife biologist with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service that took me from the westernmost Aleutian Islands to the political intrigue of Washington, D.C. In retirement, birds remain my constant obsession.
- Ivory-bill "Boom Goes Bust"
- My January BiGBY List
- The "Other" Field Guide to Birds
- Backyard Birding
- Year-in-Review: 2007
- The Complete Chicken: A Book Review
- I and The Bird #65
- Merry Christmas
- Carbon-Neutral Birding—The BiGBY
- Demise of a Bird Blog