Tuesday, December 30, 2008

African Bird Blogs

What follows is a list of active African bird blogs that are personally known to me. I’m sure that there are others that I have not yet discovered. My goal is to make this list as comprehensive as possible. I plan to update the list frequently, so if you know of other African bird blogs (or have one yourself) that should be included here, please leave a comment.
Active:
  • A Raptors Ramblings (South Africa)
  • Accipiters of Southern Africa (South Africa)
  • Adam Welz's Weblog (South Africa)
  • Aliwal Birdblog (South Africa)
  • Birding Limpopo (South Africa)
  • Birding With Trish (South Africa)
  • Birdman (Tanzania)
  • Bryan Groom (South Africa)
  • Colin's Bird Atlassing Blog (South Africa)
  • Ernst’s Birding Blog (South Africa)
  • GetBirding.com (South Africa)
  • Kersten Birding (South Africa)
  • KZN Atlasing (South Africa)
  • KZN Midlands Bird Club (South Africa)
  • mafikeng birds (South Africa)
  • My Bird Sightings (South Africa)
  • Stuart Groom (South Africa)

    Inactive:
  • Birding in South Africa (South Africa)


  • Last revised: 03/30/10.

    Labels: ,

    11 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    When planning my trip to Namibia I discovered the Swakopmund Birding blog; http://swakopbirding.blogspot.com/

    January 03, 2009 8:24 AM  
    Blogger John L. Trapp said...

    Thanks so much, Robert. It's been added to the list.

    January 03, 2009 9:54 AM  
    Blogger Vernon said...

    Hey, thanks a lot for adding my blog (Swakopmund Birding Blog). I am just working out a contract at the moment with a company called Safari Wise (www.safariwise.net) to do their birding day tours for them. They do birding safaris throughout Namibia and elsewhere in Africa. My birding blog should get more and more interesting through the year.

    January 28, 2009 6:12 PM  
    Blogger Ernst Retief said...

    Thanks for listing my blogs - but please note that the www.ernstbirdingblog.co.za blog will be deleted soon. I will soon add a link on my other blog to your blog.

    April 03, 2009 10:04 AM  
    Blogger John L. Trapp said...

    I'll do so, Ernst. Thanks for letting me know.

    April 03, 2009 10:14 AM  
    Blogger Arnold vd Westhuizen said...

    Hi, John ... I'm the owner of the Aliwal Birdblog and I have visited your blog quite regularly. I greatly enjoy the variety and lots of information. Thanks for "hosting" me ...

    April 04, 2009 2:03 AM  
    Blogger John L. Trapp said...

    I'm glad you've enjoyed your visits to my blog, Arnold, and hope you will continue to drop by frequently.

    April 04, 2009 7:10 AM  
    Blogger Ernst Retief said...

    I thought you would like to know that I found a few more South Africa blogs and added it to my blog (http://ernstbirdingblog.blogspot.com/. Maybe you also want them to be added to your list...

    April 09, 2009 3:54 PM  
    Blogger John L. Trapp said...

    Thanks, Ernst. I will check them out shortly.

    April 09, 2009 4:21 PM  
    Blogger Ernst Retief said...

    Another new one for you to add to your list of SA blogs: http://colinsbirds.blogspot.com/

    May 01, 2009 12:44 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It is rather interesting for me to read the blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

    Best regards

    February 16, 2010 9:46 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

     

    The FatBirder's Nest
    FatBirder Web Ring