Sunday, December 28, 2008
- Name: John L. Trapp
- Location: Buchanan, Michigan, United States
My fascination with birds dates to earliest childhood. Entries in my high school senior yearbook profess my interest in ornithology. Birds and their conservation were the focus of a 33-year career as a professional wildlife biologist with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service that took me from the westernmost Aleutian Islands to the political intrigue of Washington, D.C. In retirement, birds remain my constant obsession.
- Chapman’s “Christmas Bird-Census”
- Ornithologist = Tour Guide?
- Birds of Christmas 2008
- Christmas Cheer
- Ghost Bird: An Interview
- eBird Continues to Grow and Improve
- Bush Pardons Killer of Bald Eagles
- Christmas Bird Count Tragedy
- Media Coverage of the Niles Christmas Bird Count
- Mantra for True Believers