Monday, May 05, 2008

Field Notes Notes from the Past #20

Being a continuation of field-journal entries from the springs of 1962 and 1963 when I was a budding ornithologist of just 15 or 16 growing up in the rural village of Galien in Berrien County, Michigan.
May 2 [1962], Wednesday

I had just stepped out the door to go birdwatching this morning when it began thundering and lightning in the southwest. And so, not particularly wanting to get wet I crawled back into bed and caught a few extra hours of sleep. Most of the day was cloudy and cold but by evening the sun had come out and it was quite nice out.

I saw the first Chimney Swifts flying around the sky high overhead. I saw a total of four of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring