Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Field Notes from the Past #14

Being a continuation of field-journal entries from the springs of 1962 and 1963 when I was a budding ornithologist of just 15 or 16 growing up in the rural village of Galien in Berrien County, Michigan.
April 22 [1962], Easter Sunday

When I opened the lid of [Eastern Bluebird] house #2 this morning, but to my surprise I found two small light blue eggs in the bottom of the nest. I had been sure the bluebirds had deserted the nest but now it looks as if they might raise a family after all. I didn't see the bluebirds again today but they must be around somewhere.

Many juncos were seen gathering in flocks getting ready to migrate and my first Brown Thrasher of the year was seen today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring