Saturday, March 29, 2008

The LBG--Avian Life, Literary Arts


The LBJ, a new biannual literary publication being launched by the University of Nevada--Reno in June 2008, will be "dedicated to birds and creative writing." Excerpts from the journals Web site:
Its title is drawn from the acronym for "little brown jobs," used by birders to describe those difficult-to-identify species, such as many sparrows.

The LBJ is a uniquely literary venue, publishing creative nonfiction, fiction, poetry, narrative scholarship, and literary journalism of the feathered variety. Additionally, the journal showcases visual art in a full-color insert.
One-year subscriptions are a very reasonable $15.

2 Comments:

Blogger cyberthrush said...

Thanks John, for bringing attention to this new venture I'd not heard of -- seems like an interesting niche they're trying to fill.
I must say though that the title "The LBJ" seems a tad unfitting to me, given their creative, literary aims, while (in my mind) "LBJ" is a somewhat disparaging term for plain and dull birds!

March 29, 2008 3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll second that - thanks for posting this! Looks interesting, and if I get ambitious enough, I might try submitting something.

April 03, 2008 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring