Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Matchmaker for Birders

I guess it was only a matter of time before someone jumped on the matchmaking bandwagon and tailored a Web site to appeal exclusively to a special-interest group as narrowly focused as birding. Has birding really become this popular, that birders are looking for dates with like-minded individuals, with reasonable expectations of finding that perfect someone within 100 miles? The owners of Birdwatcher Buddy obviously think so. I’m especially intrigued by the image of the cute young chick with the winsome smile that graces their home page. Could it be, do you suppose, that a subliminal message is intentionally being sent to male birders that the female birding “buddy” of their dreams will come equipped with such remarkably well-endowed . . . binoculars?

3 Comments:

Blogger J. Karl Clampit said...

Great to have you back John! Interesting site, must be popular. They are already in the Top 100 on Fatbirder.

November 21, 2007 10:59 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

That would have been coneniant if I was single. I've made good progress with slowly increasing my wife's interest in birding though.

November 23, 2007 7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As 1/2 of the only known BirdChat marriage, I can only say that I'm suprised it took this long. I met my husband, then a half-a-world away, over 11 years ago, and we've been married over 10 years. I don't know of any other birding marriages that began online, but I know of several other marriages or long-term partnerships that originated in mutual addiction to all things feathered and all things bout all things feathered. Having a mixed marriage (one birder, one not) can be very tough. My first marriage didn't surive it, and I know a dozen others who had a similar experience. So a matchmaking site for birders is really a very good idea.

November 26, 2007 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring