Thursday, July 05, 2007

Memorable Movies

Over the years, I would say that well over 95 percent of what I have posted at Birds Etcetera has had to do with birds in one fashion or another. Today, for a change, I am invoking my privilege of indulging in the “Etcetera” side of this blog.

I here present a list of 75 movies that I can remember watching (some more than once) that made an indelible impression on me for one reason or another. Other movies could have been listed (I’m sure that I’m overlooking a few memorable ones), but these are the ones that stand out at this particular moment in time. They are listed chronologically in the order in which they were released, which more or less approximates the order in which I would have viewed them.

In reviewing the list, I am struck by three things: (1) the relatively large number of musicals, (2) the lack of movies about sports of any kind, and (3) only one movie about birds!

3 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

I was a big time Clint Eastwood Fan-glad to see his movies on the list.

July 06, 2007 9:27 PM  
Blogger Bisbee Border Birder Bloggers said...

Quite a list! A lot of our favorites are on there (with the notable exception of Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Spinal Tap.

And BTW, we decided you need more "Etcetera" to blog on, so we're tagging you for the Eight Random Facts meme:

Eight Random Facts

July 07, 2007 9:25 PM  
Blogger John L. Trapp said...

Thanks for the movie recommendations, Bisbee Bloggers. I'll have to check them out. And thanks for the tag (really).

July 07, 2007 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring