Thursday, May 17, 2007

Random Gleanings from the BirdSphere #31

Introduction: A daily (or as often as I can find time to compile it) feature that highlights recent entries from North American bird blogs listed in my blogroll; also see here.

Today’s Featured Bird Blog:
Andy Wraithmell’s Birding Blog – by Andy Wraithmell in Tallahassee, Florida (online since May 2006) [formerly known as Limeybirder’s Diary]
Today’s Featured Bird Blog Entry (excerpt):
Swallows in Jackson County

Went to bed last night at 10pm and set the alarm for a respectable 5:30am. I drifted off to slee dreaming of Champions League glory……5 bloody 30! Well sense prevailed and the alarm clock was dutifully silenced and I crawled out of bed at 7:30 instead! Rest easy fellow county listers your positions are safe! So after a bagel and a drink I headed North to my third favorite Florida county to see if I could add a few more county ticks in my quest (eventually) to become Florida’s saddest bastard!

Bazzel Pond was pretty disappointing and the expected northbound shorebirds didn’t get my memo, the gits! 3 Little Blue Herons, a Summer Tanager and a singing Northern Parula were all I could muster. . . . [click here to read the rest of this entry, as originally posted by Andy Braithmell on May 7, 2007]
<< Previous . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Next >>
http://www.surfbirds.com/

 

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring