Thursday, May 10, 2007

Random Gleanings from the BirdSphere #24

Introduction: A daily (or as often as I can find time to compile it) feature that highlights recent entries from North American bird blogs listed in my blogroll; also see here.

Today’s Featured Bird Blog:
Vagrant – “Ruminations on birding,” by Tom Auer (online since January 2007)
Today’s Featured Bird Blog Entry (excerpt):
missing the midwest

I started crafting my NatureScape News article today and I realized how direly I miss the Midwest. Birders just don’t get it out here [in Arizona]. There’s always birds and they’re always available. Midwesterners get punished all winter, then rewarded handily with waves of bright newcomers and rarities galore. And this looks like one hell of a season. Minnesota is on fire. And all the community. There’s a real sense of working the season as a group of birders, something I just don’t get a sense of out here.

[click here to read the rest of this entry, as originally posted by Tom Auer on May 9, 2007]
<< Previous . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Next >>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring