Friday, March 16, 2007

Spring Blizzard

Two days ago the temperature in the Eastern Panhandle was in the mid-70s and people were walking down the street in t-shirts, shorts, and thongs (the kind you wear on your feet). Today, I woke to temperatures hovering near freezing and a pouring rain which soon turned to sleet, then heavy, wet, snow, and blizzard conditions prevailed for the remainder of the day, leaving the ground blanketed in about 5 inches of the white stuff. As I left my place of work this afternoon, I spotted a newly-arrived American Robin as it flitted away from me through large snowflakes and across snow-covered ground. Winter has returned to the area, however briefly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring