Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Fifth Anniversary Celebration

Birds Etcetera was hatched 5 years ago today with the publication of two modest posts (here and here). The publication history of Birds Etcetera has been a rather spotty one, reflecting (in part) personal and professional demands on my time. The archives show posting activity in 33 of the 60 months that have elapsed since my first post, with long gaps of inactivity from June 2003-April 2004, July 2004-June 2005, and August-December 2005. Birds Etcetera remains a labor of love and an integral part of my life, one that I hope to continue long into the future, time and circumstances allowing.

3 Comments:

Blogger John B. said...

Happy Blogday! I think that all blogs, except the paid gigs, are a labor of love to some extent. I have greatly appreciated your efforts since I found your blog about a year ago, and I look forward to reading more.

February 28, 2007 3:33 PM  
Blogger cyberthrush said...

Congrats!! on 5 years -- a significant achievement in the blogosphere, especially for a special interest blog. Your quirkiness and unpredictability is appreciated amongst the many cookie-cutter styled birdblogs out there (...not that they don't also serve important roles).
Many good years ahead, and maybe one day we'll actually agree on certain topics ; - )

February 28, 2007 5:13 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Although I don't think I even knew what a blog was five years ago, I've been enjoying yours for at least 2-3 years, and I am glad you have kept it up. It is a great source of info and perspective.

Ellen

March 01, 2007 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring