Friday, May 25, 2007

Random Gleanings from the BirdSphere #37

Introduction: A daily (or as often as I can find time to compile it) feature that highlights recent entries from North American bird blogs listed in my blogroll; also see here.

Today’s Featured Bird Blog:
Lovely dark and deep – “from kingbirds to kookaburras…,” by Corey Finger (aka Scott Catskill) (online since February 2007)
Today’s Featured Bird Blog Entry (excerpt):
Almost Squished Wood Thrush (and a fox)

On my way north on Route 9J, a bit south of Castleton-on-Hudson, I spotted a Wood Thrush just sitting on the other side of the road. After going past I pulled a quick three-point turn and went back hoping to get a good picture. I was surprised when the bird didn’t move at all, and figured something was wrong with it. So I pulled off the road, but the flashers on and went over and picked it up! . . . . [click here to read the rest of this entry, as originally posted by scottcatskill on May 18, 2007]
<< Previous . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Next >>

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks John! And a second thanks for getting my back on the Ivory-bill sceptic forum awhile back. I've linked over to you as well.

May 25, 2007 6:29 PM  
Blogger John L. Trapp said...

You're very welcom, Corey. And thanks for the link!

May 25, 2007 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring